Native Airbus A330-900neo for MSFS
The A330-900neo is a wide-body jet airliner manufactured by Airbus.
It is an evolution of the popular A330-300 with new improved wings and modern high bypass engines (Rolls-Royce Trent 7000) for better fuel efficiency.
The first A330-900neo entered service on December 15 2018 with launch partner airline TAP Portugal, it can carry up to 287 passenger with a range of 13300 km.
This project was originally started by Philippe Marion before being completely re-worked from the ground up by Headwind, to make it fully compatible for MSFS. This is not a study level aircraft, however it allows to make complete flights.
→ Communication : I don't have time to respond to private messages, however i regularly post information in this group : https://flightsim.to/group/18198/airbus-a330-900neo-conversion
→ Discord Server : https://discord.gg/UxWy8C6kgv
→ Simbrief Profile : Simbrief don't offer the A330-900neo profile but you can add this custom profile : https://www.simbrief.com/system/dispatch.php?sharefleet=352855_1650394989146
- 4K PBR textures
- Native wingflex and engine torque (first freeware aircraft with this feature)
- Custom flight model
- MSFS native effects and materials
- Semi-customised cockpit
- based on FBW A32NX system
- Please remember to delete your previous headwind-a330neo from your community before installing an update. Don't override.
- Simply drag and drop the headwind-a330neo folder into your community.
- Remember to calibrate the trottle from the tablet (EFB).
- Keep in mind that the first loading can be a bit slow.
- You don't need any FBW A32NX installed : This A330-900neo is standalone.
- Chokes and plots are visible when Beacon switch is OFF, engines is OFF and parking break switch is ON
- Cockpit is based on the default A320 cockpit but semi-customised. This is not perfect but a few changes make it a bit different from an A320 cockpit.
- This is a beta and free version, please be cool.
This aircraft systems are forked from the great FBW A32NX project, version 0.7.4. This means that the systems are more advanced than on the default Asobo A320. A cold and dark start requires some knowledge. If you don't know how to start an Airbus, I invite you to follow this tutorial.
A huge thank you to the FBW team without whom this project would not be possible. Please not that this A330neo is completely independent from FBW projects.
→ Tutorial for Throttle calibration : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqFfAMXCcc
Paintkit and liveries
This initial version contains 11 real world liveries in 4K PBR:
- Airbus House “Foundation 10 years"
- TAP Portugal (Portugal)
- TAP Portugal, Star Alliance (Portugal)
- Hifly (Portugal)
- Condor SEA, ISLAND and BEACH (x3, Germany)
- Air Belgium (Belgium)
- Corsair International (France)
- Delta (USA)
Find more than 300 liveries here : https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/airbus-a330-900/
A paintkit is provided here : https://fr.flightsim.to/file/21285/a330-900-neo-paintkit
- Kevin Widjaja : Thanks to Kevin who implemented version 0.7.4 of FBW's A32NX systems. Kevin work on a free Sukhoi SSJ project for MSFS, you can discover his SSJ here
- Philippe Marion : Initial inspiration for the project, advice and translations.
- Bluemesh: help on blender and the sunglass.
Open Source Projects contributing to the realisation of this MSFS A330-900 Neo :
- Systems, cockpit, cockpit texture, sound : FlyByWire
- FBW integration : Tyler58546
- Cockpit 3D parts, learning : Project Mega Pack
This project repository is on GitHub here : https://github.com/headwindmsfs/a330-900
The original contents of this repository are DUAL LICENSED. Original textual-form source code in this file is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.
Creative Commons License Artistic Assets (Models, Textures) are licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
asures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Microsoft Flight Simulator © Microsoft Corporation. The Project Mega Pack A330 was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.
Microsoft Flight Simulator © Microsoft Corporation. The FlyByWire Simulations A32NX was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Microsoft Flight Simulator, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.
This project are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the Airbus brand, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.