The A330-900neo is a wide-body jet airliner manufactured by Airbus.
It is an evolution of the popular A330-300 with new improved wings and modern high bypass engines (Rolls-Royce Trent 7000) for better fuel efficiency.
The first A330-900neo entered service on December 15 2018 with launch partner airline TAP Portugal, it can carry up to 287 passenger with a range of 13300 km.
simply drop headwind-a330neo_0.93 into your Community Folder.
This Add-on works independently from the FlyByWire A32NX. You do not need a particular copy of the FBW A32NX in your Community folder.
→ Chokes and plots are visible when Beacon switch is OFF, engines is OFF and parking break switch is ON
→ This is a beta version, please read below !
→ You don't need any FBW A320 installed. This is standalone.
You can find a Simbrief profil (from Easyjetsimpilot) here : https://www.simbrief.com/system/dispatch.php?share...
✈️ About the project
This project was originally started by Philippe Marion (FSX conversion) before being completely re-worked from the ground up by Headwind, to make it fully compatible for MSFS.
This is the result of months of work, including:
- Brand new exterior 3D model.
- Brand new 3D model animations (Wings, Gears, Flaps, ..)
- Brand new MSFS effects (Engine heat, Contrails, Lights, Rain, Dust, ..)
- New Flight Dynamics.
- New 4K textures with PBR.
- Complete integration of the FBW A32NX Virtual Cockpit (version 0.6.2)
- Added A330 specific features to the VC.
- Complete integration of services and systems, according to MSFS SDK Guidelines.
🚧 Work In Progress
The next phase of the project is:
- Include a complete re-design of the main wings with more realistic flex.
- Implement the version 0.7 of FBW
- Fix the issues
If you wish to contribute to the project, do not hesitate to contact me.
🎨 Liveries / Painkit
This initial version contains 8 real world liveries in 4K PBR:
- - Airbus House “Foundation 10 years”
- TAP Portugal (Portugal)
- Star Alliance TAP Portugal (Portugal)
- Hifly (Portugal)
- Condor (delivery in 2022) (Germany)
- Air Belgium (Belgium)
- Corsair International (France)
- Delta (USA)
→ A paintkit is provided here : https://fr.flightsim.to/file/21285/a330-900-neo-paintkit
→ More than 100 repaint are avalaibles here : https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/airbus-a330-900/
🐛 Known issues
- The fuselage disappears in close external view. This is due to the blending between the FBW A32NX VC and the new exterior 3D model, not quite fitting together.
- FBW VC uses the older 0.6.2 version instead of the latest v0.7.0: Implementation will come at a later date has this is quite a complicated update at this time.
- Baggage loader does not reach the cargo door as expected : this is an MSFS limitation.
- Jetway does not connect correctly to the door : this appears to be an SU5 related issue.
- The tire pressure gauge shows 0 (zero) : This should be resolved when FBW 0.7.0 VC is implemented later.
- impossible to set the V1/VR/V2 in FMC : just reload the flight
- Philippe Marion : Initial inspiration for the project, advice and translations.
- Qbit : Technical advice.
- Leadership : Beta testing.
- Bluemesh for the sunglass.
👐 Open Source
Open Source Projects contributing to the realisation of this MSFS A330-900 Neo :
- Systems, cockpit, cockpit texture, sound : FlyByWire - https://github.com/flybywiresim
- FBW integration : Tyler58546 - https://github.com/tyler58546/pmp-a330-fbw-compatibility
- Cockpit 3D parts, learning : Project Mega Pack - https://github.com/Project-Mega-Pack
The Open Source Project repository is on GitHub : https://github.com/headwindmsfs/a330-900
The original contents of this repository are DUAL LICENSED. Original textual-form source code in this file is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.
Creative Commons License Artistic Assets (Models, Textures) are licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
asures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Microsoft Flight Simulator © Microsoft Corporation. The Project Mega Pack A330 was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.
Microsoft Flight Simulator © Microsoft Corporation. The FlyByWire Simulations A32NX was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Microsoft Flight Simulator, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.