Do you like flying VFR and watching the World below you? Do you sometimes feel that something is missing? We Love VFR is here to help you. We Love VFR is a free add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator that adds thousands of new VFR-friendly objects. In this beta version, you get communication, radio, and tv antennas, chimneys, radar domes, construction cranes, and satellite/radio telescope dishes. I have plans for many, many more.
- Over 130 000 objects placed in region 1.
- Coverage of all Europe and part of Africa.
- In this version mobile communication, tv and radio antennas, chimneys, radar domes, construction cranes, and satellite/radio telescope dishes.
- Puffin AI* - correct placement and appearance of objects**
- Over 100 custom models
- Lower spec PC friendly
- Much more planned
- Yes, I know there are no cooling towers. Next update hopefully.
How to install?
Find your „Community” directory and just copy "a-puf-we-love-vfr-region1" there. That’s it. If you’re updating our addon I recommend removing the old version before installing the new one.
If you have conflicting addon refer to the included ReadMe file.
Warning: To get satellite dishes/radio telescopes you need "USA Points of Interest" installed. It's available in the marketplace for free.
It's not really a beta anymore but I don't have much time for testing so...
...don't be mad if you see any errors, just report them to me so I can fix them ;) If you see an object that you know but its appearance, join our discord and report it there. I'll try to add/fix it for the next version.
- in very rare cases there might be an office building instead of a chimney (I don't mean cooling towers, these are not implemented in the mod at all... yet). This is a case of mismatch data between Asobo and OSM and has to be fixed manually. Report it in comments or in discord.
*Not really AI. Just quite complex conditions, but AI sounds a lot better.
**Depends on data availability.
Hard to tell. But it can be. My mod is more like autogen expansion, so authors of more local sceneries have to make their mods compatible. Unfortunately, I can't do that. But it's really easy.
The author just needs to add exclusion under his custom object and then you, as a user, need to make sure We Love VFR is higher on the list in the 'Content.xml' file. You'll find that file 2 directories above your community folder. This file tells the sim in which order it should load addons.
Soon. Most likely with the release of v.0.5 for Europe.
For now, MSFS SDK for lights is very limited. I can’t create a light that will have a source visible from a distance. On the other hand, I can’t remove those red, clearly visible lights that Asobo has put in place of antennas. As soon as they expand SDK, I’ll fix that.
That’s something in the sim graphics engine, that for now can’t be bypassed. Original sim objects act exactly the same. I try to prevent it a bit with LODs, but it won’t be perfect. Maybe the DX12 will fix it someday.
这些用户已经捐献给 PuffinFlight 让他继续制作每个人都能享受到的超棒的附加组件。